[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HCI Special Issue on ``Multimodal Interfaces"

Dear colleagues,

Thanks to those of you who have expressed an intent to submit a manuscript on
``Multimodal Interfaces" for the upcoming special issue of Human-Computer
Interaction.
We are delighted to have had a very strong response to our call for papers,
and are expecting that
this special issue will be a particularly interesting and valuable one to
the community at large.
In order that we can accommodate as many good papers as possible in one
double special issue,
we would like to request that your submission be limited to a maximum of
12,000 words, including references, tables, and other materials. Briefer
papers are encouraged (i.e., less than 10,000 words) in cases where content
permits.

We hope that this advance notice will reduce the amount of editing that
will be needed for individual papers, as well as resulting in a more
inclusive and interesting special issue of HCI. Thanks for your assistance
with this request, and we shall look forward to receiving your manuscript
by the announced
deadline of October 31st, 1995. Late manuscripts cannot be guaranteed
consideration for the special issue, so prompt submissions will be
appreciated. Please submit 7  copies of your original manuscript complete
with figures, sent by air mail if outside North America, to:

Sharon Oviatt
Center for Human-Computer Communication
Department of Computer Science
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science & Technology
P.O. Box 91000
Portland, Oregon 97291

Please also include a self-addressed stamped postcard for us to confirm
receipt of your submission.

Thanks in advance,

Sharon Oviatt