Rehab Robotics Resource Page
Conferences, Seminars, Papers, Fellowships and more
- AAATE Conference 1997: The Fourth European Conference for the Advancement
of Assistive Technology
- The AAATE Conference is aimed at people working or interested in rehabilitation
and assistive technology. It brings together a wide spectrum of experiences
and solutions to the wide range of problems in the field of rehabilitation.
Different cultural backgrounds, problem-solving traditions and resources
are also highlighted. AAATE has a special interest group (SIG-1) in robotics
and will hold a special session on robotics at the conference. For more
information, contact BIOTRAST at tel +3031277904, fax +3031277960, e-mail
- IROS'97: International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems
- Grenoble, France. September 15-20, 1997. For more information, contact:
C. Laugier, INRIA, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nineteenth Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering
in Medicine and Biology Society http://www.eecs.uic.edu/~embs97/
- World Congress on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering
- Contact: NICE 97 SEE General Secretariat, 48 rue de la Procession,
F 75724 Paris, Cedex 15, France, tel: +33 1 44 60 60, fax: + 33 1 44 49
60 44, e-mail: email@example.com
- ICRA'98: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation
- Leuven, Belgium, May 16-21, 1998. Submissions by October 15, 1997.
For more information, contact: Georges Giralt, LAAS-CNRS, Toulouse, France.
fax (335) 6155 35 77 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scattareggia Marchese S., Buckley M.A., Valleggi R. and Johnson, G.R.
- An Optimised Design of an Active Orthosis for the Shoulder-An Iterative
Approach, Proceedings of ICORR: International Conference on Rehabilitation
Robotics, April 1997: University of Bath, pp. 55-58
- Scattareggia Marchese S., Parrini G., Buckley, M.A., Neff, G., and
- A System for Assessment of User Capapbilities and Interfaces (SAUCI),
Proceedings of ICORR: International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics,
April 1997: University of Bath, pp. 143-146.
- Buckley, M.A. and Johnson, G.R.
- Development of a New Motorised Upper Limb Orthotic System (MULOS),
Proceedings of RESNA 97 Annual Conference, June 1997: RESNA Press. pp.
- RR Jumpstation
- Robotic Industries Association
- announces Robotics Online, the home page of the Robotic Industries
Association. One section of the page, "Meet RIA," features information
about some specialty associations, including the International Service
Robot Association (ISRA). Visit RIA's site at http://www.robotics.org.
- AAATE SIG 1
- This page may be accessed from John Dallaway's RR Jumpstation at http://homepages.enterprise.net/dallaway/rrjump
or directly at http://ftb.informatik.uni-essen.
- RESNA SIG-13
- The page may be accessed from RESNA's web pages at http://www.
resna.org/resna/sigs/frame.htm, or directly at http://www.asel.udel.
- Rehabilitation Robotics Newsletter
- The Project Showcase section of RRN is now on the web. http://
- ICORR Papers on the Web
- Access the Proceedings of ICORR 97 at http://www.bath.ac.uk/~mpsbime/proceed.htm
Fellowships in Rehab Robotics
- R.D. Jackson Fellowships
- A limited number of visiting fellowships are available to students
and researchers active in the field of rehabilitation robotics and associated
assistive technologies. The fellowships are to visit and work at the Applied
Science & Engineering Laboratories in Wilmington, Delaware and will
last for a period of between six weeks and three months. Fellows will be
expected to link their research to one or more areas of interest within
the ASEL. Preference given to students and researchers working in European
laboratories. Applicants should submit a statement of work (that has been
discussed with the organizers) and a travel plan. Scholarship will cover
travel to and from the Labs and a small stipend for the duration of the
- Fellowship Information on the Web http://www.reading.ac.uk/~shshawin
URL of this document: http://www.asel.udel.edu/
Last updated: November 1997
Copyright © Applied Science and Engineering Laboratories, 1997.