[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The MUSIIC Water Leakage Dilemna

chester@cis.udel.edu,
        beitler@euler.asel.udel.edu, kazi@euler.asel.udel.edu
> cc: mahoney@euler.asel.udel.edu, rahman@euler.asel.udel.edu
> Subject: The MUSIIC Water Leakage Dilemna
> Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 14:31:18 -0500
> From: Zunaid Kazi <kazi@asel.udel.edu>
>

> I had recently sent in a request to facilities to see what they could
> do about the roof leaks occurring right on top of the MUSIIC project.
> The leaks have gotten so bad that I am apprehensive about equipment
> damage. Shoupu and I have sort of contained the problem with the use
> of plastic sheets and cups, but after even a minor rain work becomes
> almost impossible.
>
> Facilities inform me that the problem is a manifestation of a bigger
> problem: the roof of the old building. Until and unless "the powers
> that be" decide to release funds to fix the problem their hands are
> tied. They recommend that we move the project.
>
> Maybe that is what we should look into. I am cc'ing this email to not
> only MUSIIC memebers but also to Rich and Tariq. Tariq wanted to move
> the EFSB project to a less cramped quarters and meybe we could look at
> MUSIIC re-organization in the context of a more comprehensive physical
> re-organization of the robotics lab?
>
> --
> Thanks,

The leaks actually occurred before the MUSIIC equipment's last move, but not
as severe as it is now. It has been getting worse in the last couple of months.
I called the facilities several times too. No solution.

Maybe we can move the MUSIIC to where it was (it's simple) or call for a global
swapping (it may take time).

Shoupu