Re: The MUSIIC Water Leakage Dilemna
> From firstname.lastname@example.org Wed Feb 5 14:31:26 1997
> To: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
> cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: The MUSIIC Water Leakage Dilemna
> Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 14:31:18 -0500
> From: Zunaid Kazi <email@example.com>
> I had recently sent in a request to facilities to see what they could
> do about the roof leaks occurring right on top of the MUSIIC project.
> The leaks have gotten so bad that I am apprehensive about equipment
> damage. Shoupu and I have sort of contained the problem with the use
> of plastic sheets and cups, but after even a minor rain work becomes
> almost impossible.
> Facilities inform me that the problem is a manifestation of a bigger
> problem: the roof of the old building. Until and unless "the powers
> that be" decide to release funds to fix the problem their hands are
> tied. They recommend that we move the project.
> Maybe that is what we should look into. I am cc'ing this email to not
> only MUSIIC memebers but also to Rich and Tariq. Tariq wanted to move
> the EFSB project to a less cramped quarters and meybe we could look at
> MUSIIC re-organization in the context of a more comprehensive physical
> re-organization of the robotics lab?
The leaks actually occurred before the MUSIIC equipment's last move, but not
as severe as it is now. It has been getting worse in the last couple of months.
I called the facilities several times too. No solution.
Maybe we can move the MUSIIC to where it was (it's simple) or call for a global
swapping (it may take time).